Send to a friend

Send the url of this page to a friend of yours

7-110 West Beaver Creek Rd.

Richmond Hill, ON L4B 1J9

Immigration & Work Visa Richmond Hill & the GTA

Moving can be a time consuming and difficult process, especially if you’re moving to a new country. If you plan on moving to Canada for work, if you plan to visit for a short time, or if you’re moving here permanently there are many different visas to attain, requirements to meet, and applications to fill out.

If this process seems daunting, get help. Bahmadi Law can help you file for each type of residence in Canada and help you attain the permits and visas that you need.

Permanent Residence Cards

A permanent residence (PR) card is the official proof that you are a permanent resident of Canada. It will generally take about 59 days to process your PR card application after you have met the other requirements. Renewals can take up to 152 days to process. If you’re unsure of what you need to apply for permanent residence in Canada or you don’t know when it’s time to renew your PR card, the experts at Bahmadi Law can help. We offer our services to those seeking visas and permits including:

  • Express Entry
    • Federal Skilled Trade Worker Class
    • Skilled Worker Class
    • Canadian Experience Class
  • Business Class
    • Investor Class
    • Entrepreneur Class
    • Self-employed Class
    • Start-up Visa
    • IIV
  • Family Class
    • Spouse
    • Common-law Partner & Conjugal Partner
    • Dependent Children
    • Parents & Grandparents
  • PNP – Provincial Nominee Program (All Provinces)
  • LCP – Live-in Caregiver Program
  • Statutory accident benefit claims
  • H&C – Humanitarian and Compassionate Cases
  • Refugee Claims, Sponsorships
  • Immigration Appeals

Temporary Residence Visas and Permits

Canada offers many different types of temporary residence visas, and it can be confusing deciding which one you need. Whether you’re just visiting the country on vacation or you intend to stay for several years, each type of visa will allow you to stay for different periods of time. Bahmadi Law is here to help you determine which type of temporary residence visa you require and help you apply for and gain said visa. The different types of temporary residence visas and permits include:

  • Visit – to visit Canada you must have a valid travel document or passport, be in good health, meet financial requirements, and satisfy the immigration officer that you will leave at the end of your visit.
  • Super Visa – good for 10 years and multiple entries, this visa allows you to stay for 2 years in Canada without having to renew the status.
  • Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) – this is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals who are travelling or transiting through Canada by air. It allows Canada to screen visitors before they arrive; exceptions include U.S. citizens and those with a valid Canadian visa.
  • Visit on business – business people may need a visitor visa and an eTA, and you must plan to stay less than 6 months as well as meet other criteria.
  • Transit visa – this is for Overseas Citizens who are venturing with bus-stops or trips in Canada for less than 48 hours, and their respective country requires a visa.

Work Visas in Toronto

If you’ve been offered a job in Canada but are not a resident, you must apply for a temporary work visa. In some cases you will have to attend an interview with a visa officer or undergo a medical examination. Bahmadi Law will help you determine what steps you need to take to attain your work visa in a timely manner. We can help you attain various types of work visas including:

  • LMIA - Labour Market Impact Assessment
  • Work Permit and extensions
  • Study Permit and extensions
  • IEC – International Experience Class
  • Intra-company transfers
  • Seasonal Workers

Attaining Canadian Citizenship

If you’re interested in becoming a Canadian citizen but don’t know where to start when it comes to applications and eligibility, the Bahmadi Law office is here to help. To apply for citizenship, you must meet certain eligibility criteria and complete an application. The criteria include:

  • Being over 18 years old
  • Providing proof that you can speak and write at least 1 official Canadian language (English or French)
  • Being a Permanent Resident (PR)
  • Declaring you plan to reside in Canada after becoming a citizen
  • Living in Canada as a PR for 1,460 days or 4 out of 6 years
  • Being present in Canada for 183 days each year
  • Filing and paying taxes during the minimum 4-year time period
  • Applying for citizenship

Bahmadi Law will help you fill out your application correctly and help you make sure you meet all of the requirements. If you aren’t yet a Permanent Resident of Canada, we’ll help you gain that status as well. Contact the Bahmadi Law office today if you need help gaining residence or work visas in Toronto or surrounding areas.

Copyright Bahmadi Law 2020 - Legal
Created by

Legal notice